NORTHERN VIRGINIA BIRD CLUB VAL KITCHENS MEMORIAL
YOUTH BIRDING SCHOLARSHIP 2018
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Scholarship Committee Chairs: Mr. David Farner and Mr. Ghazali Raheem
The Northern Virginia Bird Club Scholarship Fund provides a scholarship of up to $500 to assist a young birder between the ages of 13 and 18 who is interested in the study of birds and conservation, to attend classes, conferences, a camp or other birding related program.
Deadline for the Scholarship Application is February 1, 2018
Membership in the Northern Virginia Bird Club (NVBC) is not required and the scholarship is open to youth in Virginia and nearby surrounding states.
A Scholarship Application Form is available on the Northern Virginia Bird Club website —http://nvabc.org/youth-birders — or by calling either David Farner at 443-643-6141 or Ghazali Raheem at 703-563-3810, or sending an email to the club at email@example.com.
At the website, here are some simple steps you need to follow:
- Review the Scholarship Application Guidelines.
- Register on-line (right-away) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of the co-Chairs.
- Look for camps or birding events you may want to attend.
- You will receive a Scholarship Application Form that you will need to complete and return to us. It must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Contact a teacher, NVBC member or a birding trip leader to ask them to write you a letter of recommendation.
- Write a single-page essay describing the birding activity you plan and how you hope to benefit from it.
Please submit your completed application form — with the essay and letter of recommendation attached — via email to the club at email@example.com , or mail it to:
Northern Virginia Bird Club
P.O. Box 5812
Arlington, VA 22205-5812
A parent or guardian must sign the application.
For more information, interested parties can call David Farner at 443-643-6141 or Ghazali Raheem at 703-563-3810, or send an email to the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.